Web address for Missions Overseas
Valid passports, preferably not expiring in six months from entry into China, and entry visas are required to enter China. Visas are not required for visitors from some countries, and delegates are advised to consult the nearest Chinese diplomatic mission for details. For the contact information of Chinese diplomatic missions, visitors may visit the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China and click the ministry, and then missions overseas.

A single-entry visa is valid for three months, and can be extended for a month at the Foreigners Section of the Beijing Public Security Bureau if necessary. 

Once in China, the delegates are advised to carry their passports on them wherever they are in China as the passports may be needed to check into hotels, book air tickets, and change money. 

To apply for visas, delegates should first fill out the registration form and pay an 
appropriate registration fee. The organizer of the Congress will then mail a formal invitation with which the delegate can make visa application at the Chinese diplomatic mission appointed in the invitation. 

On the other hand, the delegates may also ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China including tourist visa acquisition whether they have registered with the Congress or not. 

The organizers cannot accept responsibility for personal accidents or damage to the private property of Congress participants or guests. It is advisable to arrange personal insurance for the Congress and/or post Congress period. 
Please send your suggestions and comment to:
Last modified: Jan 29,2002
2002 © Copyright by Chinese Mathematical Society. All Rights Reserved